YES! This is now a thing and boy oh boy does it suck. Do you find you are now suffering from breakouts that you never had before? Skin more oily? Well check out this information I would like to share with you all today.
By doing a simple Google search, it came up with over 183,000 ARTICLES related to maskne. Crazy right?
A top dermatologist provides 6 helpful hints to help with this ever growing concern because guess what? These masks are not going away any time soon.
- Wash your mask
- Use a gentle cleanser before mask use and after mask use
- Look for products which contain Salicylic acid
- Apply Retinol topically
- Try to avoid make up or use only mineral make up
- Do not forget to moisturize
*repost from tatler.com, dermboard.co and of course Dr. Pimple Popper herself.
But I would like to add a few things here. It may seem like common sense for most of these tips, but number one is the least followed tip of all. Time and time again I see people with masks hanging on their rear view mirror…(why do people do this), and people reuse the same dirty, wet mask all day and some times for multiple days. That is nasty people. PLEASE STOP. Masks are pretty cheap now and we should be practicing proper mask donning and doffing of our masks as well.
- ALWAYS sanitize or clean hands before touching a clean mask.
- Do not touch the mask continually with your dirty hands. Tip: IF you touch ANYTHING, Do not touch your face mask. PERIOD.
- When you feel that mask get wet, change it for a dry, clean mask.
- Sanitize your hands before you remove and replace your masks
- Get a silk lined mask if you can find one. It really helps to prevent crazy little breakouts.
- If all else fails, book in for a consultation and get an acne laser facial.
The ALMA Harmony XL pro has a handpiece which is used solely to kill bacteria which causes acne. Its purpose it to give you smooth, healthy skin. With your help at home by eating right, getting lots of water, sleeping well and using the right products, you will get clear skin. I also carry a professional skin care line called Repechage that also works hard to give you clear, healthy, smooth skin. There is an acne line as well as a line for any skin care concern. For more information about laser treatments in Sherwood Park visit our website www.laserroomshpk.com